Types Of Air Conditioners
The type of air conditioner that best suits your needs depends on several factors, including your budget, how much space you want to cool, lifestyle preferences and the specifics of your building.
We would love to meet with you to discuss which type of AC would best meet your needs. A few common types we install:
- Ducted air conditioning systems These are usually the top choice for people seeking to cool a whole house and enjoy seamless, comfortable temperate from room to room. They include an air handling unit, vent in each room and outdoor compressor. However, all you’ll see in your living spaces are the vents, placed discreetly for minimal visual impact.
- Multi-head split systems/reverse-cycle conditioners. These feature one outdoor compressor that powers multiple, individually controlled indoor units. These can be a good option when you lack space for an outdoor compressor or roof space for ductwork.
- Wall-mounted split systems. With one indoor unit and an outdoor compressor, these will cool a single room or area. Benefits include a reverse cycle to provide cooling or heating.
- Ceiling cassette system. With improved technology over the years, these can be a great option when you don’t have roof space for a ducted system. Like wall-mounted split systems, these can provide heating or cooling.
- Solar air conditioning. Solar air conditioning features a solar inverter to drive refrigerant flow and regulate inside temperature and a series of solar panels. Most work off of either solar energy or electricity as needed.